Brief History & Introduction of the Institution
The institution was founded in 1985 as a Middle School and later on it grew into a reputed educational institution with the passage of time. The institution was progressively upgraded till Matric & Intermediate, affiliated to the Board of Secondary Education Karachi and Board of Intermediate Education Karachi. In past years the institution also developed both in size and number. The facilities and the infrastructure were developed at a constant pace and the institution is now equipped with all facilities including labs and allied modern training aids.
- Established in 1985 as a Middle School.
- Upgraded in 19__ upto Class-X (SSC) duly affiliated with Board of Secondary Education Karachi.
- Upgraded in 2017 upto Class-XII (HSSC) duly affiliated with Board of Intermediate Education Karachi.
- In past years the institution also developed both in size and number. The faculties and the infrastructure were developed at a constant pace and the institution is now equipped with all faculties including labs and allied modern training aids.
- ASF Public Schools have been established back in 1985 under the banner of PASFWA (Pakistan Airport Security Force Women Association).
- Initially called Iqra Academy and built mainly for the employees of ASF but also opened door for civilians.
- In 1992 it was upgraded to Matric level. h. In 1994 it was renamed as ASF Public School.
- In 2003, ASF Public School Karachi also upgraded to Higher Secondary level by offering Intermediate classes.
ASF PUBLIC SCHOOL is situated in a serene, cool and lush green setting parallel to runway of old airport. It is located at a few minutes’ drive from the central city on a link road from Shahra-e-Fasial to Palawan Goth Karachi at a convenient distance from important residential areas like Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Malir, Fasial Colony , Landhi and other localities. The institution thus serves major residential areas of the city from where adequate transport facility is available.
Aiming at maximum educational gain, the institution offers stimulating learning opportunities to the students. We provide a secure and safe environment where students are given every opportunity to learn in a peaceful setting conducive to learning. Security is one of our highest priorities. A healthy and safe school environment implies a positive and welcoming school climate for all students. The students have all possible facilities available to them including Art room and Laboratories where they “learn by doing” under the keen observation of their teachers. This allows for a unique student-teacher relationship; in which each student is given individual attention and guidance.
The Institution is entrusted with the sublime task of imparting knowledge, widening mental horizon and developing healthy and balanced personalities of the children of ASF personnel and civilian parents alike. Its objective is grounded in the educational as well as behavioral development of the students. Its guiding principles include an unyielding focus on imparting quality education on modern lines, inculcating discipline and punctuality, cultivating leadership traits and providing the students with opportunities to develop creative talents.
The School & College is administratively governed by the Managing Committee; headed by the DG ASF and his other representatives given as under:
- DG ASF
- DDG ASF
- Secretary Schools
- Director Academics
The institution is supervised by Director Academics Schools/Colleges positioned at ASF Headquarters, Karachi.
ASF is an English Medium Institution and offers study courses from class PG to XII for boys and girls. The School/College is affiliated with the Board of Secondary Education Karachi, & Board of
Intermediate Education Karachi.
The college is organized into five major academic sections; each being looked after by a section head, under the overall supervision of the Principal.
Prep Section: This section is comprised of classes play group to Prep, supervised by the Section Head Prep School.
Junior Section: This section is comprised of classes I to III, supervised by the Section Head Junior School.
Middle Section: This section is comprised of classes IV to VII, Supervised by the Section Head Middle School.
High Section: This section is comprised of classes VIII to X, supervised by the Section Head High School.
College Section: This section is comprised of classes XI & XII, supervised by the Section Head College Section.